Chinese Clay Art E-Newsletter
This is a newsletter emailed to professional artists, curators, collectors, writers, experts, educators and students in the
ceramic field, who want to know about ceramic art in China and things related. This newsletter will be a bridge between
Eastern and Western countries for the ceramic arts. Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Editor Guangzhen "Po" Zhou
P.O. Box 1733
Cupertino, CA 95015, U.S.A.
Tel. 1-800-689-CLAY (2529), 1-408-343-3919, Fax. 1-408-343-0117
February 2016, Vol. 118.
- From the chief editor Guangzhen Zhou
- Call for Entry: Production of Posters
- Chinese Visiting Scholar is looking for Help
- Ariana Museum in Geneva, Switzerland
- The First Central China Ceramics Biennale and Henan Museum
- Ten Days Traveling in China October 2015
- NCECA Kansas City Missouri, 2016
- New catalogue arrived, free Gifts given with purchase at NCECA
August 2015, Vol. 117.
- International Forum of NGO-UNESCO and IAC Exhibition in Beijing, July 2015
- New Version of Multi-Slab Cutter
- About the Manufacture of Clay Tools in China
- New arrival Products
February 2015, Vol. 116.
- From the editor Guangzhen Zhou
- The Unsolved Mysterious of Sanxingdui Culture
- The New Feature of Black Pottery in Jinzhong, Shannxi Province
- "Autumn Leaf", the installation by Jacques Kaufmann
November 2014, Vol. 115.
- Two-way Communications of East and West
- Chinese Delegation in IAC Dublin
- News From China
July 2014, Vol. 114.
- Dublin IAC September 2014
- Chinese Ceramics Delegation in Dublin IAC 2014
- June 9 -16, 2014, the Ceramic Tour and Symposium in Taiwan
- May 2014 in Shanghai, China
- Big Fish Small Pot: Sixth International Small Teapot Competition
February 2014, Vol. 112.
- The international Triennial of Silicate Arts, Kecskemet, Hungary 2014
- 2015 Yingge Ceramics Museum Artist-in-Resident Wanted
- Shanghai International Ceramic Art Expo 2014
- Chinese Participants in NCECA conferences
December 2013, Vol. 111.
- Note: About our past and new English editors
- Big Fish Small Pot, Sixth International Small Teapot Competition
- Gossip about the Chinese Ceramic Art Today
June 2013, Vol. 110.
Journal of 3-day tour and exchange in Yixing China
The 2013 (2nd) China Kaolin Grand Prix for International Ceramic Art
"Talks by Artists" at 7th Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale 2013, Korea
March 2013, Vol. 109.
- Opportunities - URGENT, Seeking Speaker on Ceramic Art Education in Western society.
- The Chinese Ceramic Artists Delegation for NCECA 2013
- Pottery Tour Taiwan, China, Japan 2013 October 10-27
February 2013, Vol. 108.
- Happy Chinese New Year of Snake
- My Two Day Tour of Korea
- In Memory of Janet Mansfield and Sylvia Hyman
December 2012, Vol. 107.
- Future Pass World Exhibition, Today Art Museum in Beijing
- New Book - The Appreciation and Collection of Modern and Contemporary Ceramic Art (Chinese version)
- My Collection of Ceramic Art in Shanghai China
September 2012, Vol. 106.
- Promoting American Ceramic Art in China
- Call for Entry: Contemporary Ceramic Art in Shanghai Art Expo
- New book "The Appreciations and Collections of Modern and Contemporary Ceramic Art" and about the copyrights issues of the images
May 2012, Vol. 105.
- Call for Ceramic Sculpture Artists-The 2nd China Changchun International Ceramics Symposium
- The Grand Opening Ceremony of Chinese Ceramic Art Masters' League (CCAML) and Chinese Culture Promotion Society - Ceramic Art Center
- Chinese Clay Art: Opening Ceremony at New Location -10% off on all purchases May 19, 2012
March 2012, Vol. 104.
- Chinese Ceramic Art Delegation and Exhibition at NCECA Seattle
- Re-location of Chinese Clay Art Corp
- The Celadon Capital -Longquan Village
- Tour: "Ceramics China 2012" updated
January 2012, Vol. 103.
- The Largest Chinese Group Ever will be in NCECA Conference Seattle
- Thanks to Mel Jacobson and many others at Clay Art
- Tour: Ceramics China, May 27 to June 10, 2012
December 2011, Vol. 102.
- Ceramic Art Education in China
- King-size Ceramic Art Museum and Studio, in Shanghai
- Ceramic Art Class Teaching in China
October 2011, Vol. 101.
- Zibo International Wood-firing Festival, China ,September 1-8, 2011
- International Symposium of Ceramic Art Education and Exchange (ISCAEE), Tokyo, Japan, September 17-28, 2011
- 2011 Ceramics Annual of America, San Francisco. October 6th - 9th
September 2011, Vol. 100.
- Articles written by Guangzhen Zhou have been published on the magazines
- The Art Zones and Public Art in Beijing, China
- The Idea of Economic Pedestals Making
July 2011, Vol. 99.
- King Size Ceramic Art Museum in Shanghai, China
- The Teaching position at Nanjing University of Fine Art has been filled
- The 1st Kaolin International Ceramic Art Competition, Jingdezhen, China
May 2011, Vol. 98.
- My Recent China Visiting and Slide Presentation
- Article by Guangzhen Zhou was published on Chinese Ceramics Magazine
- 2011 International Ceramic Art Symposium in Japan
March 2011, Vol. 97.
- An email from Japan ceramic artist
- 2011 International Ceramic Art Symposium in Japan
- Ceramic Teaching Opportunity in Nanjing, China
January 2011, Vol. 95.
- Paul Soldner changed my life, In Memoriam from Guangzhen Zhou
- Art of Greece and Rome, the Origin Source of Western culture and Art
December 2010, Vol. 94.
- The Clay Tools Worked beyond the Clay
- New Products
November 2010, Vol. 93.
- The Dynamic Art Market vs. the Isolated Contemporary Ceramic
- Chinese vase sold at auction for 43 million pounds
October 2010, Vol. 92.
- The 7th Contemporary Ceramics Biannual of Chinese Youth, Zhejiang Art Museum, China
- Mix-medium and Installations by Guangzhen Po Zhou
September 2010, Vol. 91.
- NCECA in Chinese version
- Ceramic Artist from Japan
August 2010, Vol. 90.
- The Artwork Exhibitions in San Jose and San Francisco
- Ceramics Annual of America (CAA)
July 2010, Vol. 89.
- The Ceramic Art Market in China
- Ceramic China Tour June 2010
June 2010, Vol. 88.
- Chinese Celebrate 100 Years of Brilliance Overseas: Expo Art Exhibition
April 2010, Vol. 87.
- New Book and New Art by Guangzhen Po Zhou
- The Art Fair, Art Shanghai, May 12th -16th, 2010
March 2010, Vol. 86.
- Visiting Kamm's Art, the World's Largest Teapot Collection
- Questions and Answers for the China trip in June 2010
Feburary 2010, Vol. 85.
- Happy Chinese New Year of Tiger! -from the editer Po Zhou
- Chinese Artist Zhangfa Qian will visit the US
January 2010, Vol. 84.
- 2010, Trompe L'Oeil Exhibition?, Natsoulas Gallery, California
- 2010 Ceramic China ---Tour and Exchanges, June 11-28
December 2009, Vol. 83.
- The Best American Ceramic Art Exhibition of All at ClayGround, San Jose, California
- Al Spivack Donates Three Artworks in China
November 2009, Vol. 82.
- China Unlimited - Ceramic Art Shanghai
- Donations from Barbara Brown
October 2009, Vol. 81.
- The Best of American Ceramic Art in San Jose, California
- Ceramic Art Activities in China
September 2009, Vol. 80.
- A Letter to All of the Artists around the World
- The Report from Beijing Art Expo 2009
July/August 2009, Vol. 79.
- Tracing Report,The Best American Ceramic Art-Beijing International Art Expo 2009
- About the H1N1 Flu and Traveling to China
June 2009, Vol. 78.
- Call for entry:Donate your valuable art work and stay in Jingdezhen five days as VIP for free
- Spent Two Months in Jingdezhen Ceramic Studio
May 2009, Vol. 77.
- Free Poster, 100 Western Contemporary Teapots
- The IAC General Assembly will be hosted in Sacramento California in 2012.
April 2009, Vol. 76.
- Chinese Reunion Dinner Party
- A Chinese Ceramic Art Educators' Delegation will come over for the conference of NCECA
February 2009, Vol. 75.
- Entry for Show and Book in China ---Reach out to the heart of contemporary art in China
- Entry for Show: The Best of American Ceramic Art
January 2009, Vol. 74.
- 10th Anniversary of Chinese Clay Art USA
- Beyond the Function---International Contemporary Teapot Exhibition,NCECA 2009
December 2008, Vol. 73.
- On the Cover of Martha Stewart Living
- International Contemporary Teapot Exhibition
November 2008, Vol. 72.
- Tour of Ceramics China, June 2009
- International Contemporary Teapot Exhibition at NCECA 2009
October 2008, Vol. 71.
- IAC Xi'an China 2008, Sub-conference in Yixing
- Letter from Jackie Hyman
Spetember 2008, Vol. 70.
- Additional tips for the China Trip
- Decal Usage
August 2008, Vol. 69.
- International Contemporary Teapot Exhibition
- Tips for China Trip
July 2008, Vol. 68.
- The Works by the Ceramic Artists around the World
- Ralph Bacerra 1938 - 2008
June 2008, Vol. 67.
- TRAVEL / IAC China 2008
- Western Ceramic Glazes at Chinese Clay Art
May 2008, Vol. 66.
- The months of Olympics and Safe Trips to China
- The Textural Mats Which Transfer Patterns onto Clay
April 2008, Vol. 65.
- Tour of "Ceramics China", Oct. 2008
- Two Weeks Special at Chinese Clay Art
March 2008, Vol. 64.
- The Clay and Tools for Yixing Teapot Making
- Winning Teapots of the Third International Small Teapot Competition
February 2008, Vol. 63.
- IAC 2008 Xi'an China
- Chinese Clay Art in NCECA and Free Gifts
January 2008, Vol. 62.
- Wanted: Ideas or Designs of Clay Art Tools and Decals
- A Female Yixing Artist Coming to the US
December 2007, Vol. 61.
- IAC China 2008
- Useful websites for traveling to China
December 2007, Vol. 60.
- Free Shipping-Happy Holidays
- Guangzhen Zhou received the Appreciation Certificate
October 2007, Vol. 59.
- China tour in the late spring of 2008
- Books on Sale up to 78% off
Spetember 2007, Vol. 58.
- Ideas and Suggestions For New Clay Tools
- DVD of The Innovative and Traditional Clay Tools (free)
August 2007, Vol. 57.
- The International Ceramic Art Exhibition at Jingdezhen, China
- The World Center of Teapot Making Yixing China
July 2007, Vol. 56.
- China Trip-Mass Produce Your Art Works in China
- Three Gorges of the Yangtze River Dam Project
April 2007, Vol. 55.
- Ceramic China 20 days - Oct. 8 - 27, 2007
- Clay Instructors and Marketing Manager
February 2007, Vol. 54.
- ACTIVITIES at NCECA 2007
- New Poster, 100 Images of Chinese Historical Ceramic Art
November 2006, Vol. 53.
- Tour of Ceramic China, May 31 - June 15, 2007
- English Teacher Wanted in China
September 2006, Vol. 52.
- IAC General Assembly at the Baltic States
- NCECA 2007
July 2006, Vol. 51.
- Hands on Teapot Workshop at Wuxi Institute of Arts and Technology
- Childhood under the Red Flag
May 2006, Vol. 50.
- China Ceramics Tour, Oct. 11-30, 2006
- Teapot Donation to the Teapot Museum, Yixing China
March 2006, Vol. 49.
- NEW BOOK: Works by Ceramic Artists from Around World
- Dinner Party with Chinese Delegation in NCECA, March 10th
January 2006, Vol. 48.
- 1st Chinese National Ceramic Education Conference 2005
- China Ceramics Tours
November 2005, Vol. 47.
- Grand Opening of the Online Ceramic Gallery and Gifts Shop November 1, 2005
- Yaozhou Kiln
September 2005, Vol. 46.
- Chinese Ceramic Tour and Exchanges during Autumn 2005 and Spring 2006
- Rustic Splendors: Kiln Treasures from Shiwan
July 2005, Vol. 45.
- The International ceramic art exhibitions came to a successful close
- Thoughts on Yixing, China 2005 tour
May 2005, Vol. 44.
- Information Update on the Conference in Yixing 2005
- The Exhibition of International Ceramic Art at the Yixing Ceramics Museum
March 2005, Vol. 43.
- Teapot Exhibitions in the Teapot Center of the World
- DEMOSTRATION OF YIXING, DINNERS IN SAN FRANCISCO and BALTIMORE
January 2005, Vol. 42.
- NCECA International Juried Teapot Exhibition, Yixing Conference Schedule,
- and Special Offers from Chinese Clay Art
November 2004, Vol. 41.
- New Book: Chinese Ceramic Cultural Sites-A Traveler's Handbook
- International Ceramic Conference, Yixing, China, June 2-4, 2005
- Museum of Macao
September 2004, Vol. 40.
- Jingdezhen Special $1,750, Introduce to Yixing, and Letter from Richard Notkin
- Int'l Teapot Conference Yixing 2005, Jingdezhen 1st International Ceramics Fair
- Back-to-School Sale of Chinese Clay Art.
July 2004, Vol. 39.
- International Teapot Art Conference, Yixing, China, 2005
- TRAVEL About the China trip of 2004
- PBack-to-School Sale at Chinese Clay Art
March 2004, Vol. 38.
- The Activities of Yixing Ceramic Artists' Delegation in the US
- YIXING CERAMIC TRAVELING EXHIBITION 2003-2008
- Chinese Clay Art Corporation at the NCECA Conference
January 2004, Vol. 37.
- Founding of the Chinese Clay Art Corporation
- YIXING ARTISTS DELEGATION in the US
November 2003, Vol. 36.
- International Teapot Competition, Yixing Ceramic Art Traveling Exhibition, USA, 2003-2008
- Yixing Ceramic Artists Delegation.
September 2003, Vol. 35.
- The Yixing Influence on Contemporary American Ceramics
- Security Issue of the website of Chinese Clay Art and more.
July 2003, Vol. 34.
- Yixing Ceramic Art Traveling Exhibition, USA 2003-2008
- Chinese Ceramic Cultural Travel and Exchange 2004
May 2003, Vol. 33.
- New London Art Center Yixing Workshop, Yixing Ceramic Show in Downtown San Jose,
- California Sculpture Conference, Buffalo Horn Tools and more.
March 2003, Vol. 32.
- NCECA Room Available, Yixing Artists Visit US, Yixing Exhibition and Workshop, CCACA 2003
January - February 2003, Vol. 31
- East Meets West, China Trip 2003, and Opportunity.
November - December 2002, Vol. 30
- ARTICLE - Report on the Foshan Expo
- PROFILE - "GU MEI-QUN"
- EXHIBITION - Between Tradition & Contemporary Expression
- NEW BOOK - A Dictionary of Chinese Ceramics
September - October 2002, Vol. 28
- ARTICLE - Foshan Expo, China Exchange and Travel
- PROFILE - "FOSHAN" & "SHIWAN GONGZAI"
- EXHIBITION - Between Tradition & Contemporary Expression
July - August 2002, Vol. 27
- PROFILE - Business Center of "China Ceramics City"
- OPPORTUNITY - Invitation to Ceramic Artist, Educators & Critics
- TRAVEL - October 02 - Chinese Ceramic Tour
- CLAY STORE NOTICE - New Name & New Address
May - June 2002, Vol. 26
- ARTICLE - Chinese Ceramic Artist, Lu Pinchang at NCECA
- PROFILE - Longquan Celadon Museum
- BOOK - Chinese Ceramic Cultural Sites
- TRAVEL - Greek Island of Skopelos
- CONFERENCES - 2 Upcoming Ceramic Conferences
January - February 2002, Vol. 25
- The Ceramic Art Branch of Chinese Artists Association
- PROFILE - City of Hangzhou, China
- New Clayart Store - clay tools
- Chinese Ceramic Artist Delegation will be in NCECA
- Copyright Issues in China
November - December 2001, Vol. 24
- Chenlu Adventures of Annie Schliffer
- New Patented Clay Tools
- PROFILE - Chinese artist, Pinchang Lu
September - October 2001, Vol. 23
- Ceramic Cultural Sites in the Jingdezhen Area
- the Ceramic Art Branch of Jiangsu Arts and Crafts Soc.
- TRAVEL - China Ceramic Cultural Travel and Exchange 2002
July - August 2001, Vol. 22
- Diary of China Ceramic Cultural Trip, 2001 - Guangzhen "Po" Zhoul
- Tea and Teapots, Yixing, and Europe (Part 2) - Carolyn Broadwell
May 2001, Vol. 21
- Tea and Teapots, Yixing, and Europe - Carolyn Broadwell
- The Terra-cotta Warriors Museum
- Symposium - China Trade Porcelain at Harvard
March 2001, Vol. 20
- Qian-Shu Dragon Kiln, Yixing, China
- Exhibition: East meets West
- Featured Artists: Liang Wen-Lun - Li Min - Ji Ye
February 2001, Vol. 19
- The China National Museum of Fine Arts, Beijing
- The Ancient Palace Museum, Beijing
- Featured Artist: Chinese Nat. Master, Wang Yin-Xia
January 2001, Vol. 18
- NCECA Conference at Charlotte, North Carolina, March 2001
- Featured Artist: Chinese Nat. Master, Xu Xiu-Tang
December 2000, Vol. 17
- SPRING CHINA CLAY TOUR: Ceramic Cultural Exchange Program
- Shaan'xi History & Yaozhou Kiln Museums
November 2000, Vol. 16
- BRIDGE TO THE EAST: Ceramic Cultural Exchange Program
- The Shanghai Art Fair
- Pottery Workshop in Hong Kong
October 2000, Vol. 15
- The National Academy of Chinese Fine Art
- Department of Industrial Design and Ceramics
September 2000, Vol. 14
- The CLAYGROUND Anniversary
- Kaolin Society of Ceramic Arts
- SHANGHAI ART FAIR
August 2000, Vol. 13
- Chinese Clayart E-Newsletter Anniversary
- The Shanghai Museum
July 2000, Vol. 12
- The Banpo site Museum, Xi'an
- The Jingdezhen Kiln of the Folk Art Research Institute
June 2000, Vol. 11
- The Highest Vase in the World!
- Chinese Great Master of Arts & Crafts
May 2000, Vol. 10
- Tsinghua University-International Ceramic Art Exhibition,
- One piece for two shows.
- Brief intro to Chinese art history and Chinese contemporary ceramic art Part 2 of 2
April 2000, Vol. 9
- Brief intro to Chinese art history and Chinese contemporary ceramic art
March 2000, Vol. 8
- " NCECA " - Pottery Capital Yixing
Febuary 2000, Vol. 7
- "Shanghai Art Fair 2000 - The Cosmopolitan City - Shanghai
January 2000, Vol. 6
- "Ceramic Art" Magazine in Taiwan. - Hap Pottery, Beijing, China
To Subscribe send your name and Email address to